Saturday, July 21, 2007

Yumi's Finally Snoozing Away...

The restful night we were hoping for never came. We awoke this morning at 5:50 to poor Yumi vomiting all over the floor. It's amazing how much she is still vomiting even with the NG tube. She was vomiting late last night as well, and I was very concerned because there were some peas from Thursday's dinner in there. I don't think that's a very good sign at all. I think that what probably has been a partial obstruction has moved on to being a full obstruction now.

The NG tube went down fine last night. Princess is a pro at putting them in! This time the tube was not as big as the previous so I think it was easier on Yumi. Poor thing! She is sleeping away right now. ZZZZZZ... I think things will be getting under way within the hour now.

Please pray that we won't have to move to a new room. Having this private room on the Medical Unit has been a real blessing. Usually they will move a patient to the Surgical Unit once they have surgery if they are not already there. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but when we were admitted there were no rooms on the Surgical Unit, so that is why we are on the Medical Floor.

Kerri tells me that childcare is covered through Wednesday. Thank you guys! I'll let you know how Yumi's doing after surgery.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yumi, I am so sorry to hear abut your tough, tough night. I'm guessing your are in surgery as I am writing this message. I want you to know that I am praying for you, your family and the doctors and I will be continuing to pray as you recover.

Here's a joke for you to enjoy after surgery

Speak Up

A little boy was kneeling beside his bed with his mother and grandmother and softly saying his prayers, "Dear God, please bless Mummy and Daddy and all the family and please give me a good night's sleep."

Suddenly he looked up and shouted, "And don't forget to give me a bicycle for my birthday!!"

"There is no need to shout like that," said his mother. "God isn't deaf."

"No," said the little boy, "but Grandma is."

Know that you are loved and missed!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that Yumi was sick again last night. That's no fun at all. I'm assuming they've done surgery by now or maybe they're doing it right now. We're praying. We'll be gone the rest of today so I'll check the blog when we get home tonight. Yuki, if you have any ideas about what I should take your family for dinner tomorrow night, let me know. I'd love it if it was something they really wanted and like and could even have enough of for Monday night too. I'll talk to you guys soon. Bye for now!
Kerri

Anonymous said...

HEY! hope you guys are ok. and we are prayinhg for you. we also hope Yumi's surgury goes well. Yumi asked if we could come up to see her on Monday and i said maybe. i hope we can see you soon!!! :) talk to you later, bye.

Mikila-Pikila.....
AKA Chica

Anonymous said...

Ohh Yumi, you have had to go through so much in your life already. Your faith is once again under fire, but we know your faith wins. You are an overcomer in our Lord Jesus Christ. We are all praying for you and your family. May you all be filled with the peace of our Lord Jesus that passes all understanding, and may you all rest in His Love, Joy and Peace.
With Love from Tom and Margie Taylor

Anonymous said...

Hey Yumi,
I see that you are blessed with great family and friends. I'm very happy you're doing so much better. But I bet it must be frustrating having to get all those surgeries. I heard you got to meet some cool people though =] I hope and pray that this doesn't happen again and I hope you are feeling much better now. Get well soon. God Bless You.

Love Always,
Cathy Ly

p.s. By the way, those are some neat horses you get to take care of.