Thursday, July 12, 2007

Chopper 7 TRAFFIC REPORT

Here's a post for all you traffic fans out there. At 10:30 they will do the small bowel follow through, where they pump her full of barium. This will give them the birds' eye view of Clarke Stahl in the Chopper 7 telling us exactly where the slowdowns are. Because it seems we are experiencing only one lane on a four-lane highway. She is still havi lots of green stuff coming out the tube, which makes the doc still think she will need an operation. He wants to get things going before the weekend.

So I hope y'all enjoyed a trip back to the traffic analogy. I know, it gets old...

Oh, I feel another one coming on... pda, don't fail me now!

So Yumi's issue of this traffic jam
is not because it's rush hour and there are just too many cars on the road. We're not talking mass transit, either. Nor is it that there was a major accident or pileup collision. It's actually the darn DOT's fault! They have shut down all lanes except one! Those guys are so busy building bridges going nowhere (adhesions) they have neglected all the normal traffic flow! Get it? yuk yuk yuk! =)
I have so much free ttime here, I have no choice but to be clever!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yumi your blog is so cool.it was cool the way your mom refered everything hapening inside u 2 traffic!!:)
luvs clara

Anonymous said...

Yuki,

I am laughing SO HARD right now!! Where do you come up with this stuff. Hey, can you work some of this material into a sermon illustration that will go with your passage? You'll sure get your aduience hooked for sure!

Yumi, you are lucky to have such an entertaining mom to keep you company. I trust that she does a great job keeping you smiling through your trials.

Not that my cute little joke of the day can hold a candle to Yuki's "traffic reports," but here goes...

STORY OF ELIJAH
The Sunday school teacher was carefully explaining the Story of Elijah the Prophet and the false prophets of Baal. She explained how Elijah built the altar, put wood upon it, cut a steer in pieces, and laid it upon the altar. And then, Elijah commanded the people of God to fill four barrels of water and pour it over the Altar. He had them do this four times "Now,” asked the Teacher, "Can anyone in the class tell me why the Lord would have Elijah pour water over the steer on the altar?"

A little girl in the back of the room started waving her Hand, "I know! I know!" she said, "To make the gravy!"

Keep smiling Yumi, and know that you have so many people praying for you every day!

Love, Mrs. Davison

Jeanette said...

although it's a little different... i remember having "traffic issues" with my knee surgery and all the things that went along with that. i empathize! i'm so sorry and will still continue to pray! and yuki... all i know how to knit are squares and rectangles. i make scarfs. that is it. i'd love to learn how to do something besides my basic stitch... any chance you'd like a knitting student?

Anonymous said...

Hi Yumi,
I know that I leave a lot of comments but oh well. I hope that your fealing better and won't have to have surgery.

Yukiko said...

Hey, Jeanette:
I wouldn't mind teaching a couple things I learned knitting. I actually get a lot of help from www.knittinghelp.com
There are great videos on how to increase, decrease, and everything else you would need to know!

Jeanette said...

thanks! i will check that site out. i figure even if all i can do though is the basic stitch at least i can make scarfs for people for christmas! i've started already. people are looking at me like i'm nuts though and i can't say that i blame them. sitting out in the sun knitting scarfs does look strange.