Saturday, July 14, 2007

Part Two: Read the previous post first!

David got here with the kids at around 8:30 and the security at the door told him that visiting hours were over. He told the guy that he had to drop things off to his wife. So they let him come in. I got back from switching over our laundry and there they were! My family! The Fab Fam! He showed me how to set up the sync thing but it wouldn't work. I figured I could play with it later and we went to dinner. It was a late dinner as noone had eaten yet. We went to the Ram at the U. Village. I had a steak dinner. It was scrumptious. I'd been trying to save money by eating yogurt and plain cheerios for breakfast from the nutrition room that's available free to parents. So I was ready for a good meal!

Now I bet you wish I didn't have the luxury of the laptop because now I'm rambling on with the easy and smooth typing action! I am enjoying such fantastic technological capabilities!

On to an update on Yumi, which is the reason this blog exists! The night nurse printed up some results from the CTs and X-rays that Yumi has been subjected to the last 24 hours. Here's what it says:

1. No contrast is seen flowing from the distal ileal loops to the ascending colon even on delayed images done 8 hours after the start of the procedure. This is suggestive of distal small bowel obstruction.

2. Severely dilated mid jejunal loops. Distal ileal loops show milder dilatation when compared to the more proximal small bowel loops. This may reflect multiple levels of obstruction of different degrees.

Yuki speaking: So you do the math. It sounds like to me it is not resolving itself and perhaps the surgical team will show up in the morning saying "let's go to surgery!" My alter ego is saying: "I don't know! Maybe the surgeon will just say 'let's wait through the weekend!'" The problem is that they are not seeing marked improvement, nor a worsening of her condition. So your guess is as good as mine!

You put up with a lot of rambling tonight, so I'll log off now. Have a great night, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello ladies! :) Thank you for the updates! I had no idea how much your cell phone would be...or how repetitive it must be to tell everyone the same thing. But it's wonderful to know that they're so many people who love you so dearly.
This blog rocks. :) I they can figure what to do for you Yumi. Big hugs! (Josh sends a biggest biggest biggest squeeze hug!) If you're feeling up to it, we'll try to visit tomorrow, Sunday.
And Yuki, I have Wednesdays off and I can watch Dani and Everett then if you want. Is there anything we can bring if we visit? Do you have a Dvd player? I can bring some movies.
Lots of Love!
Liz, Chris, Josh and Allie

Anonymous said...

Hi Yuki,
1:32 A.M.??? I see how you "kids" are with your new toys! 'Glad that David got you fixed up and you got to go out for a good meal.

I am sorry to hear that there has been no progress in Yumi's condition or treatment plan. We just have to keep praying. It looks as if you guys will still be there on Monday, so is it okay if we come up again? Oh,tell Yumi I thought of her last night, every time Kenji came up to bat! Go Mariners!!! Talk to you soon. Love, Gail