Friday, July 27, 2007

Mom's Home (for a night)

Hi, all! I am currently typing on my home PC! I left today around 2:15 and it took me 2 1/2 hours to get home! The worst thing about it was that I had drank a Veinte (20 oz) Iced Tea before I left the hospital...

I called Yumi tonight and Michelle arrived without a problem. Yumi was watching a movie, but they still had not reversed the NPO order (nothing to eat or drink). So she may not be getting clears until tomorrow. Bummer. She did spend some money at the gift shop on Tootsie Pops and Extra Chewing Gum! She likes the Tootsie Pops but is not allowed to eat the center. She seems so much better without the NG tube, as that was just really bothering her throat and nose. She even has her strong voice back, which I appreciate; I have a hard time dealing with the whiny quiet whispery voice.

I hope to be back up there around 5pm tomorrow after the seminar I'm taking at church. It's weird to be home. The water from the tap now has a taste to me that I had apparently gotten used to! I am, however looking forward to sleeping my my own bed! No Tylenol PM for me tonight!

Oh, Jodi, I forgot to mention it. Guess what I had for dinner tonight? Tacos! Your tacos! They were so-o good. I could hardly stand it. So much better than hospital food, even as leftovers! And KUDOs to you; my hubby doesn't usually eat leftovers, but he was having tacos tonight too. We are both amazed at the amount of taco stuff you prepared. That could feed our family for a whole week!

Hopefully, we can come home before Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the tacos! When one is used to cooking for 8, including 4 teenageers, it's easy to foget how to cook for a "normal" family. I made about 1/3 more than that for my family and by the time Josh was done with "second dinner" it was pretty much wiped out. My grocery budget is attrocious!

It must feel so good to have the thing out of your throat, Yumi! That would drive me nuts! You are being such a tough, brave girl. Wow, that sounds like I'm talking to you like you're a little kid, I really don't mean it that way. And yay for your voice! I'm glad it's no longer making your mother crazy!

And here we go with today's joke:

Letters To God

Dear God,
In Sunday School they told us what You do. Who does it when You are on vacation? - Jane

Dear God,
I think about You sometimes even when I'm not praying. - Elliot

Dear God,
Did You really mean "do unto others as they do unto you?"
Because if you did, then I'm going to fix my brother. - Darla

Dear God,
I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool! - Eugene

Dear God,
I read the Bible. What does "begat" mean? Nobody will tell me. - Allison

Dear God,
Are you really invisible or is that a trick? - Lucy

Dear God,
Is it true my father won't get in Heaven if he uses his bowling words in the house? - Anita

Dear God,
Did you mean for the giraffe to look like that or was it an accident? - Norma

Dear God,
Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones, why don't You just keep the ones
You have now? - Cindy

Dear God,
Who draws the lines around countries? - Nan

Dear God,
The bad people laughed at Noah - "You made an ark on dry land you fool".
But he was smart, he stuck with You. That's what I would do. - Edward

Dear God,
I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that okay? - Neil

Dear God,
What does it mean You are a Jealous God? I thought You had everything. - Robert

Dear God,
Thank You for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy. - Joyce

Dear God,
Why is Sunday School on Sunday? I thought it was supposed to be our day of rest. - Tom

Love, Jodi

Autumn said...

You're blessed to have such good friends to help you and cook for you through all this.