Wednesday, July 25, 2007

On Second Thought . . .

The closer we get to Friday, the more I'm thinking that won't be our homecoming day. Sorry to disappoint all our fans out there. :) Although Yumi's pain is substantially less, her NG output is still up there and quite dark. It had gotten pretty light today, but now it's been pretty dark for awhile. She isn't needing to hit her PCA button as often, but occasionally will have some pain. She's happily watching a movie as I type. Yumi did pass some gas today, to which her nurse gave her a high-five! We are still waiting for more bowel tones and for the NG output to go down.

In the far and distant past, I remember 3 weeks was my limit of living at the hospital. I'm wondering how I'll do past Friday. I'm hoping I will retain my sanity! I might have to go to U. Village and do some therapeutic shopping. If Yumi's not out but healthy enough for a pass, I might take her for a little outing. I plan on booking a long massage and a chiropractic appt. when I do get home.

Boy, am I ever so thankful for this private room! We have screaming toddlers on both sides of us, I can even hear banging on the wall occasionally. I would not want to know what's going on over there!

I do have to say how impressed I was when I was home on Tuesday, how well-kept the house looks. I always said David was a better housekeeper than I am!

Thanks for checking up on us. We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm glad it's good news when Yumi passes gas. Living with a vegetarian husband, I tell you it's usually not worth celebrating.

Anonymous said...

Hi Yumi and Yuki,
Love you both. stef