Monday, July 9, 2007

Another Operation?

The surgeons just did rounds & the doc says it looks like Yumi may need another surgery. He will look @ the ct scan & the xray from this morning. There is apparently a large amount of stool in her colon and she may have a full obstruction after all. They like to give a small 2-day window in which to see an improvement with the conservative treatment of decompressing the bowel. When they don't see improvement, then they decide to operate. So, the big question is, how many surgeries will this kid have over her lifetime? Only the Lord knows.

She is still on dilautid. If she has surgery I will ask at that time that they put in a central line. This will make things easier on her veins. Pray for a speedy recovery and of course, wisdom for the doctors!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's unfortunate :( Here are some articles that helped me understand a bit more about Yumi's condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowel_obstruction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhesion_%28medicine%29

Yumi, I know you're strong and I know you can beat this. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Listen girl....enough of this! No, really, how are you? We just got home last night from our vacation and I saw the e-mail. I'm SO SORRY you're going through this again Yumi. We will be praying hard, I promise. Keep a smile on and enjoy those pants your mom bought ya! If it makes you feel any better (I'm sure it won't) I have a yucky bug and feel lousy. Alison had it last week and she shared. Hers was only 24 hours so I'm expecting to be better by tomorrow morning. I better be. If you're still there later in the week when I'm not carrying germs and have a babysitter I'll come visit ya, k? Remember that nothing happens outside of God's plan for you so chin up and laugh alot.

Kerri Vincent (and family too)

Jenny said...

Yumi,

Hey!! I hope that you are feeling a little better than when I talked to you last...:-)

We will be praying for wisdom for the doctors and also for you to be rid of this pain quickly!

Love, Mrs. Fitch

Anonymous said...

Hi again Yumi. I'm so sorry to hear that you might have to have yet ANOTHER surgery! You will continually be in my thoughts and prayers.

A positive attitude and good sense of humor always help during tough times, so I have another funny for you.

A QUILT
Sunday after church, a Mom asked her very young daughter what the lesson was about.

The daughter answered, "Don't be scared, you'll get your quilt."

Needless to say, the Mom was perplexed. Later in the day, the pastor stopped by for tea and the Mom asked him what that morning's Sunday school lesson was about. He said "Be not afraid, thy comforter is coming."

Keep smiling!

Love, Mrs. Davison