Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Great Morphine Experiment

Okay, well the morphine experiment didn't go so well. Yumi wasn't nauteous at all by it but it just didn't cut the pain like the dilautid so in the middle of the night we switched back to the dilautid with the PCA. I'll ask the docs about it on rounds this morning. Apparently as far as the Pain Team goes, if the patient is 12 and over, the Surgical Team likes to deal with the pain themselves.

Yumi is sleeping away. I woke up early this morning and I'm not sure why. I didn't get any better sleep than previous nights, but there is something different. The sun is shining! Last night I didn't draw the dark dark shade before I went to sleep and only the shady shade was drawn so maybe it's the light in the room that had me up and at 'em this morning.

We had a nice visit with David and the kids last night. I sure miss them.

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Do you get your own bed when you're with Yumi, or are you expected to sleep in a chair?

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys!! I was a little behind on blogs...

Yumi, I hope that you are starting to feel a little better - we are praying for you girl! :-) I'm so glad that the surgery went well - praise God for good doctors!

Yuki, I wish I could just drop everything and come up there...but hopefully you'll be home soon.

Jenny

Yukiko said...

I've been sleeping on a couch that pulls out to a bed. Though not as comfortable as a real bed, it is much more comfortable than its counterpart, the pull-out chair. I should take a picture of that, huh?