Monday, July 23, 2007

Day Two Post-Op

Yumi's PICC line is getting a little sluggish and there was concern that they might have to pull it and put in a new one. They put in some stuff called TCA (I think) that will break down any clotting or plugging up of the TPN (nutrition). If they have to pull it they will put in a double line so that she doesn't have to have the second IV for the Dilautid. If they don't have to replace the PICC we will try the Morphine instead of dilautid, which is compatible with the TPN. This all probably sounds either confusing or boring, so I will move on...

We watched High School Musical last night. I thought it was a cute movie! Now we are waiting for High School Musical 2 to come out on the 17th. Except that we don't have Disney Channel, so we are going to have to have a slumber party at Mikaela's! Yumi doesn't think I should come too, but we'll see. It's her own fault for making me watch the first one.

Mikaela and her mom came today so I will post that picture. Note that all the pictures I post are taken on my camera phone so they are not super clear. Sorry.

I have cancelled all my clients for the next couple of months. I will go back to work after school starts. This will hopefully give Yumi some time to get better and give us what'll be left of the summer to enjoy. It's been incredibly stressful having to cancel clients the week of each and every week that we are here. Taking some time off will alleviate some of that stress. It'll be easier to transition to a daytime work schedule if I do it this way as well.

Hopefully we can be home by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuki & Yumi:
So glad to see you smiling with friends. Go ahead and put a picture of TJ on the blog. He's so photogenic, he'll look great.
I had a really busy day so I wasn't able to call. I will call tomorrow.

Thinking of you all,
Ritz