Monday, July 9, 2007

Pic-line today, surgery tomorrow

They are numbing up the arm w/emla cream. The IV team is coming to put in a pic-line as Yumi's IV has started to go bad. We decided to ask for the pic-line because once they start the IV nutrition she goes through IVs really fast. Once going through 3 in one afternoon! They will also give her a conscious sedative called "versed", which is what they used on her before when she would get bone marrow and spinal taps done in the clinic many years ago in her leukemia days. I've always said that the leukemia was not the worst of everything she's been through and I continue to stand by that statement! The versed is also referred to as the amnesia drug because it makes her forget what happened while she was on it.

The plan from the surgical team is to operate tomorrow. She is still asking for dilautid more frequently than allowed. So she's still in some pain.

I'll update more when I know more! I'm thankful for this blog so I don't have to repeat myself a billion times! When I get to a pc I will write a synopsis of the last several months for those of you that were not aware of her medical problems. *hint to Autumn* ;)

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

i am so glad you have a blog too! i feel disconnected sometimes. so this is great! i will for sure be praying for Yumi & your family. this is a bum deal! do you know how long you will be there at children's? i leave for the ukraine on monday but would like to come down to see you guys before i go hopefully.

Anonymous said...

Hi Yumi, i hope you get better and your operation goes well.

ivy