Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fence-sitting Docs

Well, the surgical team did rounds this morning and said that he was still on the fence over whether or not to operate. We need to get past this episode, but operating has its risks, the least of which is that more adhesions will develop. Usually Yumi is feeling better by this time and the bowels are starting to kick in, but she is still having pain today. I suppose the good news is that she did pass gas once this morning. The doctor didn't seem too impressed, I wonder if it was just a gas bubble that had been sitting in her colon and not necessarily something that has traveled the great highway of her intestinal tract.

I am frustrated having to type on my pda. This is actually my second draft. I went to the Family Resource Center to type this out because halfway through my posting I accidently hit the back button which is right below the space bar. I was so mad. It is very laborious to type on that little thing with my stylus.

Anyways, the PICC-line went in fine last night and after that Yumi was very woozy going to xray. When we got back to the room she slept and slept and slept. Now she's listening to the ipod that David the music guy brought for her to borrow. If she picks out a bunch of songs on it he said that he can make a cd for her to listen to. That ipod currently has about 2000 songs and pieces of music in it! That is an expensive device!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it's not a picket fence they're sitting on!! On they other hand, a picket fence might well be a good thing. Their rear ends will get sore pretty quick forcing them to jump off... The $64,000 question is which side will they land on??

We're still praying for you Yumi!!

Mrs. Davison

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot your joke for today...

GOOD SAMARITAN
A Sunday school teacher was telling her class the story Of the Good Samaritan, in which a man was beaten, robbed, and left for dead. She described the situation in vivid detail so her students would catch the drama. Then, she asked the Class, "If you saw a person lying on the roadside, all wounded and bleeding, what would you do?"

A thoughtful little girl broke the hushed silence, "I think I'd throw up."

:)

Yukiko said...

hehehe! Jodi, thanks for all your jokes and messages. Yumi gets a good laugh when I read them to her. She's on the computer in another room so I'll go tell her to look up the blog!

As far as the $64,000, I'm sure it will end up being a lot more than that when it's all said and done. The insurance statement we received from the time she actually had surgery was in the $35,000 range. With this stay and her previous non-surgical stay, I'd say we are in the running for the $64,000! Praise the Lord for Health Insurance!

By the way, Children's Hospital has a special contract with Group Health that they will accept GH patients for the cost of what our insurance will cover. This means there are no co-pays for us. When we were at St. Pete's our co-pay is $200/day with a $600 cap. I am still paying on that one!

Keep the jokes and messages coming! It gives us something to look forward to. We also got Ivy's well-wishes. Also, if you would like to send people our blog address so they can check up on us that would be great!

Michelle T. said...

Hi low up there,
I hope you're staying cool cuz it is hot down here. We're praying for you tons. Let me know what I can do for you.
Love, Mic

Anonymous said...

Hi Yumi and Yuki,

I am worried about your pain stories. Has Dr. Anderson come to visit you yet? Please tell me in your blog if Yumi is on the pain consult rounds. These docs and nurses should be seeing you every morning before noon. I emailed my buddies there. I have some friends in high places. I sent out feelers to see if they are still there. I'll follow up to let you know soon who can help make your stay better.

If Everett wants to come visit, please know he is welcomed here. My folks are coming over to Olympia and maybe their too. Maybe they could bring him across the state. It's an idea or option if you need it.

Kisses to you all.
stef