Sunday, July 15, 2007

Slowly But Surely

Yumi started on the liquids yesterday and got her tube out in the evening! Today she is allowed to continue slowly on the liquids and maybe by tonight she can start having a few things to eat. They want her to take it real slow in case she still has this partial obstruction. Her spirits are a lot better since she had a friend last night and is getting out and walking around getting some exercise. I think we should tie her up on a harness and lunge her like a horse for exercise! hehehe :)

I left the hospital this morning to make it to church. I am typing from home and after lunch will go back up to the hospital. David is making me a steak lunch! yum...

So we are making progress. People keep asking when the docs say she can come home. The criteria is that she is tolerating foods and passing gas and pooping. They never really say, "you should be home by ______". It's always a guess on my part.

I'll let you know how she does with eating and all that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its great 2 know that u can have liquids now, maybe that will help u 2 not be as hungary. every time i eat i think of how hungary u must be (boo hoo):(

talk 2 ya later -clara

Anonymous said...

HEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Ria I just got back from camp and my parents kind of forgot to tell me that you were in the hospital so when they rembered It was around 9ish so I dident know if I should call and I was busy the last 2 days sorry:( Oh if the message says anonymous I just felt like it. Don't Know what els to say...BUT when you get out, me, U, Milk, and anybody els that you wish will spend time before I half to go to *snif* High school(kind of creepy hun)well hope to see you soon. Hope this made sence