Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Turn for the Better?

For some reason the laptop does not want to work for me So l am doomed to typing on my tiny pda. l am already working on my second draft Of this post. l am going mad!

Anyway it seems Yumi is doing better pain-wise. She has not asked for pain meds since this afternoon. However, she has been nautious off and on all day. After I saw the doc this morning he has not made another appearance. I guess we have to wait til morning for an update on the next step. In
case there is still confusion about the nature of Yumi's woes, my brother found some great info on wikipedia.com regarding bowel obstructions caused by adhesions. I encourage you to look at it. Thanks, Chris!

Today Aunt Jean showed up with Cousin Jessica and she showed Yumi how to make friendship bracelets. She left supplies with Yumi so she has been busy the rest of the evening making bracelets for her friends.

Tonight I went out to Bellevue to get some craft supplies and yes, Kerri, I stopped by Chilis to get chips n salsa & steak fajita quesadillas to go. I ended up eating in bumper-to-bumper traffic on the 520 trying to get back to my family at the hospital who got there while I was gone! I am very tired of hospital food, but on the other hand, I am loathe to drive anywhere because of the awful Seattle traffic!

Again, I thank everyone for your fervent prayers on our behalf!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yumi: Mr. D and I are keeping you in out thoughts and prayers. We miss having you around the farm.
We can hardly wait for you to be back at our house working with the horses and the donkeys.

Lilly Marie said...

Hi Yumi i hope that you have fun typing on your pda!!! I've done that before and it takes forever!!!!!!! I hope that you are able to come home soon!!!!

Jeanette said...

Hi Yumi! Jessica ran up to me last night and was very excited. she told me you and her worked on some friendship bracelets and she said that while you were working on them you 2 discovered a new way to make them! she was very excited. when we take the bracelets to the kids in the ukraine we will make sure to tell them about you and that you helped with that! love you and i'm praying for you. mwah =)