Friday, July 27, 2007

A Three-Week Celebration!

Oh, happy day! Yumi took out her NG Tube this morning! She is allowed to start chewing some gum and sucking on hard candies. Maybe some clear liquids tonight. Her peripheral IV went bad last night so they were trying to poke her at like 4 in the morning! I had taken a 1/2 dose Tylenol PM last night and although I heard everything going on I could not open my eyes long enough or get out of bed! I'm feeling pretty rested up now. Yumi's voice changes dramatically when her tube is out. Hopefully her throat will start feeling better.

Of course they want to take this nice and slow. Starting with clears and moving up from there on a daily basis. If all goes well, perhaps Sunday will be our homecoming.

I have a seminar at church tonight and tomorrow. If things go as planned I will be going to that. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed; today marks our 3 weeks here and I've slept on this bed that long. I'm also looking forward to getting back to my workout routine. (Ooops, did Michelle hear me say that?) I've been trying to get in some crunches to keep my middle firm, that's the abdominal type, not the chocolate type! If for no other reason but to keep my back from hurting like it has being here!

Yumi had a volunteer come yesterday. She sang a folk song about a race horse that drank wine! Then they went for a walk to the cafeteria. She was really nice. I'm always interested to know why they chose to volunteer here. They have an awesome volunteer program. I hope that when Yumi turns 16 she will want to volunteer at St. Peters Hospital or something. That's what being a follower of Christ is, being others-focused and not self-focused.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 week-a-versary! Haha. Not much happy about it, really, but what else can I say?

I'll be praying that all goes well with the introduction of fluids later today. Do you think you remember how to eat and drink, Yumi?

Now for today's joke...

Cost of a Sermon

One beautiful Sunday morning, a priest announced to his congregation:
"My good people, I have here in my hands three sermons...a $100 sermon that lasts five minutes,
a $50 sermon that lasts fifteen minutes, and a $10 sermon that lasts a full hour.

"Now, we'll take the collection and see which one I'll deliver."

Lots of love to you both!

Jodi