Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Few Things

I posted pictures of my accomodations for those of you who asked about it. It's my comfy sofa and bed. Actually, not too comfy sofa. It really hurts my back to sit on it all day. Some days I keep it as a bed and prop pillows up and sit, or lie down and read.

Also, I wanted to mention my poll. I added this for a couple of reasons. One, just to make this blog a little more interactive; and two, I really am curious about what cell services people are using and why aren't they using Verizon? I am on Verizon, and just this fact alone should prompt you guys to switch, because then you can call me on my cell and it will cost NOTHING! Anyways, I actually feel kind of silly voting on people's polls, too, but do it for Yumi! She's interested! She even voted! (She has a Pay as You Go)

I took a walk today down to BurgerMaster and had a salad. I was surprised it only took me about 17 minutes to get there! I also got a few things at the Safeway. I was gone just over an hour. It felt good to move around. Last night as I was getting ready for bed (on my comfy bed) I realized I had not even left our room yesterday, with the exception of going to the fridge in the Nourishment room across the hall! How lazy is that? I was actually quite busy reading another book. Maybe I should start a list of all the books I've read since we've been here. This is actually my 5th novel! And they are not short books. They are all about 300-400 pages long! Yumi has also done her fair share of reading as well. Yes, I will add the list. I'll have to get Yumi's down after she wakes from her nap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading is a great pasttime!! My latest favorite is James Scott Bell. I also just finished a 2 part series by Randy Ingermansen - his are fun reads too (he's a science geek, so his books can get a little techie, but I haven't found it distracting).

Yuki, I'm so glad to hear that you got out - you mentioned going to U. Village and I SO wished I could come and keep you company while you participate in retail therapy! :-) Rachel and I like to go shop there.

Yumi, hopefully you can get a pass and get out of there for awhile, huh?! I'm so glad that you are steadily improving.

Jenny

Autumn said...

I enjoyed reading Notes on a Scandal -- not too trying for a person like me with attending issues. Yumi should read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman, if she hasn't already. A bit Narnia-ish, someone said.

Maybe it's just me, but when I read BurgerMaster, I don't think salad. But, again, I'm weird.

Autumn said...

And I'm not on Verizon. We don't have that over here. I'm on T-Mobile.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you take the same approach that I do. I always have something to read with me. I hate being bored.
How did Thursday go for Yumi? I fell asleep early last night so didn't call.
I keep hoping for a speedy change so Yumi can come home earlier. I guess this is just one of those issues that reminds us we need to have patience. I have never had much of htat.
Here' s hoping Yumi gets to eat soon.
Ritz