Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Possible Setback

I got back to the Hospital from home. It took me two whole hours! From MChord to Fife, it took me about 40 minutes! But now I'm back at our temporary home and...

As I walked towards our room our Nurse, Princess (yes, that's her real name!) told me that just before she was able to partake of some Goldfish Crackers, she started to have pain, about a level 7 pain. So she's back on Dilautid. After the Dilautid she was about a 3. When I got to the room she looked pretty pale and I kissed her on the forehead and she was clammy. She had just vomited into the garbage pail. This is not good news. The docs said to stop and wait on the liquids. I think they are stalling until they can get up to the unit to examine her. I'm thinking that she'll probably get the NG tube put back in and possibly they will elect to operate. Now I haven't talked to the docs yet, so this is just my thoughts.

BTW, she did have a poop this afternoon. I don't think I posted that, yet. But this doesn't mean stuff is getting through, because remember, she hasn't had a bm since the Friday before last. Of course, I will keep you updated on the latest. Hopefully we will be home in time to enjoy some summer vacation!

No comments: