Saturday, May 3, 2008

Doctor Says:

Well this morning another doctor came in and said that her xray yesterday showed a lot of air in her colon. They want to give her a suppository to help her have a bm. Last night, the Fellow (Big Boss Doc) said there was really not that much in her colon. Weird. They did try to let some out last night in the ER but it did not work. So the doc this morning says that perhaps she has some sort of virus that with her previous medical issues, shows up and looks like a bowel obstruction. This all sounds very strange to me. She is still having quite a bit of pain. They repeated xrays this morning and we will wait to hear.

What I appreciate about some doctors is that they really take into consideration what the mom is feeling, "what does your gut say?". I always hate to contradict the docs in case I am wrong, but I knew this was just not going to pass quickly at home and that is why I brought her up here. If it was going to pass quickly she would not still be having a level 7 pain 41 hours after the initial onset. I think her body may be working itself into a tizzy and might obstruct again.

In the meantime, they put her ng tube to gravity meaning that it is not sucking out but just draining by itself if there is overflow in her belly. After she got back from xray she felt pretty nautious and they gave her more morphine and put the suction back on for about ten minutes. Now she's turning it off since Yumi's feeling better.

I'll update after we hear what the xray says.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys, its Chica. just wanted t osay hello, and that we missed you @ the working thing, idk if you were going to come, but it was pretty fun. hope you get well soon! i would love to be there, but mom wont let me come. for varios reasons. i hope t osee you soon, Mr. Wood asked how you were. i le thim know, what we had heard from you...... yesterday. =) so jus tan fyi, all is good here. love ya! ill check in later.

Anonymous said...

Hi agian. So sorry to hear that Yumi's tummy is giving her problems again! I'll be praying for her!

I wish I had known just a bit sooner that your were up there again. I was up at the U getting in some extra time in the lab today and I would have stopped by to say hi.

Anonymous said...

Yuki,
I am praying for Yumi. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you guys.

Unknown said...

Hi Yumi! We're sorry to hear you're in the hospital again. We hope that this will be a shorter stay than the last. We're all praying for you!

Love,
Chris, Liz, Joshua, Allison