Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday Morning - no, not the store behind Target!


Thanks to a friend bringing movies last night for Yumi, she stayed up really late last night and just finally got up around 11:30. The doctor also finally showed up about the same time so it was good she was up to answer his questions.

Her pain is low (like about a 4) and did not need her 9am dose of meds. While her pain is improving her bowels are still not moving and ... well yumi just indicated that her pain is now a 6 so she is asking for meds. So the doc ordered up a small bowel follow through (contrast study) and it will be done either today or tomorrow. It could be a 6-hour adventure or more depending how it goes. Last time she had this done it took days for the contrast to get to her colon because it was barely squeezing through.

She is well enough to start working on her homework so she doesn't get too behind. So now I have to be a mean, strict mommy. :( not fun. Having visitors is a good incentive to get busy on the homework.

Tonight I'll be leaving around 5:30 for an appointment at 6. Then I'll be back a little after 8. Unless she has surgery between now and Wed afternoon, I plan to go into work at 5:30. We'll see.

So that's the latest. Thanks for checking on us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thx for the updates! I didn't even know she was back @ the hospital till I saw your FB posts. I had cheerfully deleted your blog link on my blog page, being thankful that there were no new updates. I've added it back tho. I'll for sure be keeping your family and Yumi in my prayers!

~Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Nice pic of Yumi's backside there Mom! (NOT!) Can we get a better picture there, homie?
Love,
You Big Sis Aiko

Anonymous said...

Still praying for healing! Terri Allen